So if you see the post prior to this one, you will see it has been about two months since I last posted. You see, if you know me in real life, you know that I cannot keep a secret to save my life. It isn’t that I didn’t write, it was just that everything that I wrote didn’t feel honest or genuine. Why you ask? Well…
We are adding to our family! Baby Roach #2 is set to arrive January 2013!
We wanted to wait until we told our families and that didn’t happen until this weekend….SO…now the secret is out and man I feel soo much better! Here are the stats…
- How far along? 12 weeks, 2 days
- Maternity clothes? Not really, except for shorts. Everything else is just summer dresses. My hips have tripled in size overnight along with my boobs – but they were so big to begin with I’m doubting too many people noticed.
- Stretch marks? God – I hope not yet. Didn’t get them with Cam till the last two days…thanks buddy.
- Sleep: Very well. Got a two hour nap in on Saturday and I couldn’t believe how bright the world’s colors were when I woke up!
- Best moment this week: Telling our family. I thought everyone had an idea, but if they did they faked it well. So happy to share such happy news with our family and friends.
- Miss anything? Feeling normal. This baby seems to be taking all my energy and will to eat anything with more than one ingredient.
- Movement: Nothing yet
- Cravings: Not sure if it is craving or me just giving into anything I think I can keep in my stomach.
- Aversions: Smells get me. There was a light incident (tell you about that later). I’m over this heat not for the heat part but for the fact that I think the air conditioning is causing some of my smell aversions. Feel much better with the windows open.
- Gender: Will find out in September
- Labor signs: No.
- Symptoms: Heartburn an morning sickness that lasts all day. Really hoping that that doesn’t last the whole pregnancy. Keep your fingers crossed it will phase out moving into the second trimester.
- Looking forward to: Another ultra sound this week!
Now, here are a few disclosures – I don’t do pregnancy pics. I RARELY like a picture of myself generally so doing one where I’m a bit more rotund isn’t going to help with that. I also have still been working on the basement, but it has been a bit more slow going due to my lack of ambition and the fact that the smell of the new flooring may have put my head in the toilet a few times. I’m hoping that by airing the basement out for the last few weeks I can finally move my office down there and finish that project.
So, that explains my absence. Sorry! For you bloggers who follow me – I have been following you and keeping up with your projects and lives. It has been fun to just be a reader for awhile vs. producing content. Excited to get back on the blogging horse again!
For you moms of more than one – so many questions! What has changed in baby products in three years? What is the best double stroller options? What do I need to have now that I didn’t a few years ago? What iPhone apps?