Here are some random images from the last month….back to work, back to warm weather, and back to loving life. We had a trip to Nebraska, lots of cuddle time, my sisters Bachelorette Party and Bridal Shower, a last minute trip to St. Louis for Cameron and Ali’s first visit to Busch Stadium, and I started a Stella and Dot business! So excited about what the months ahead are going to bring!
No, I’m still pregnant and round. But we did have a new addition to our house this last week. Everyone, I would like to introduce you to…
….. my new COMPUTER!!! I cannot even begin to tell you how happy I am and also slightly embarrassed that I didn’t make this purchase sooner. Also embarrased at the number of pictures I have taken since Cameron was born. I transferred everything over and from 2003 (when I started going digital) to 2010 I had taken 3,000 pics. From 2010 till now (with the addition of a new camera and iphones) we had over 17,000 pictures. That being said, the maternity leave plan is to clean those bad boys up and start printing some into year books.
While visiting the mall to pick up the computer, Cameron asked to stop by and see Santa. I was floored. This kid has said since October that he doesn’t like Santa, but he was determined so we stood in line and he hopped right up on his lap. You see, Cameron doesn’t want Santa to come and visit our house for Christmas, he would rather have Willy Warhawk – the mascot for a local University – bring his presents. That being said, he knows that Santa is part of the supply chain, so he felt the need to stop on in and make sure all bases were covered.
I know that Christmas is a time for giving, but I was not expecting to pay $20 for this picture. When I pulled out my cell phone to grab an image, I was quickly told that was not allowed and the only way to get a pic was to pay for the cheapest package – two 5x7s for $20. After seeing this one, I had to have it…but ever since have felt a bit dirty about having to pay for it. Shouldn’t visiting Santa and capturing a memory be something that doesn’t have a price tag? I’m getting old.
That being said, I have a present for you. Because I’m comfortable in who I am as a person, I wanted to share with you one of the other things that is bringing me much happiness this season. I wont tel you how many times I have watched this. I’m sure if you know me, you can guess….if you don’t, well here is a peek into my 12 year old mind….
Merry Christmas to all and to ALL a Jordan Knight….
Because last week was a wee bit stressful….
Because Nebraska Cornhusker football was embarrassing this week…
Because this morning I backed into a fence and scratched my car….
Because we need a pick me up….Enjoy…
- How far along? 32 weeks, 3 days
- Total weight gain: 22 lbs….MUCH less than Cameron
- Maternity clothes? Are you kidding? Since about 8 weeks. I made the switch early. Life is too short.
- Stretch marks? Thankfully, no.
- Sleep: Getting better. Was awful last week but this week I think I’m just so tired, I just sleep through all the kicks that happen in the middle of the night.
- Best moment this week: I saw my daughter via Ultrasound. I really needed it. Last week was a bit tough with some pain (which I can only attribute to dehydration). She is beautiful.
- Miss anything? My clothes….Beer and wine. And a good, solid night’s sleep.
- Movement: Yep, since about week 15. She is different in her movements than Cameron. She quakes and shakes where Cameron pushed and stretched.
- Cravings: Subway sandwiches and sweets.
- Aversions: Smells. All smells when too strong push me over the edge…
- Gender: Little Princess.
- Labor signs: Braxton Hicks and some contractions but nothing regular.
- Symptoms: Heartburn – all the time. Back pain – all the time. Crabby – especially when someone says, “You don’t even look pregnant!” Are you kidding me?
- Belly button in or out? In, but definitely stretched. Remembering my old belly button ring in a new way now!
- Wedding rings on or off? On.
- Looking forward to: Thanksgiving! Also now onto every other week appointments. Also excited to get the room ready. My dear friend dropped off four bins of clothes so I’m ready to start working on wardrobe organization and assembly. Also, excited to start decorating the house for the Holidays. Nesting may be taken to a whole new level this year…with lights…and glitter!
You ever have those moments when you look around and just cannot believe how lucky you are? I mean, no, I don’t have everything my heart desires. I cannot seem to find that extra cash for my new Mac yet, and I don’t have an updated mani or pedi, nor do I have a debt free life right now. I don’t have all the material things I want, but I do have everything my heart needs.
Case in point, last night I was battling yet another round of Braxton Hicks (which whoever says they don’t hurt is LYING) and feeling sorry for myself. My dear husband texted and asked if I needed anything. I said yes, someone to go do the grocery shopping and a cleaning lady. He said, “send me a list”.
That beautiful man did our grocery shopping, then came home and made dinner, dusted the living room, vacuumed the house, and looked pretty damn good looking doing it. Seriously, I could not ask for a better father, husband, boyfriend, or roommate. I am so lucky.
Also, if you want, last year I made you a poster for just how Grateful I am for you. Click here to download!