No, I’m not talking about cleaning – although I am committed to do more DIY house cleaning supply making after Cameron broke out in a nasty rash – by I digress.
I, along with my sista from another mista Michelle are doing the Whole Living Action Plan. The plan is simple – take everything that you normally eat and drink and stop doing that. More specifically, for the first week we are told to avoid everything except fruits, veggies, seeds, olive oil and garlic. Yeah, that means no dairy, no carbs, and meat. Oh yeah, and no alcohol. What was I thinking?
I did my shopping on Sunday and actually had a smaller grocery bill than normal by just sticking to the produce and frozen veggies and fruit asile. I spent 2 hours chopping everything on Sunday night to prep for the week ahead. It has helped so far but I don’t quite see how sustainable that really is. I’m two days in and have to say that having not done anything social outside of this house - this plan very easy to follow – ask me again on Friday if I feel the same way. I have tried a few new recipes though that are awesome include the one below!
Avocado, Bell Pepper, and Tomato Salad
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Pinch cayenne
- Coarse salt
- 1 ripe avocado, halved and seeded
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro, plus leaves for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, garlic, and cayenne. Season with salt.
- Scoop out meat from avocado halves and chop. Transfer to a bowl and add bell pepper, tomatoes, scallion, and cilantro.
- Drizzle with dressing and season with salt. Gently stir to combine. Spoon mixture into avocado shells. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
I’ll share more recipes as we find them….Michelle posted a great one I tried last night. Beet Soup is on the docket for later this week. We will see.