I cannot blog as fast as we are working on this closet! To see where we started, click here.
Today we added the stripes to the back wall of the closet. I used an amazing tip I found at Centsational Girl on painting clean stripes.
- You first paint your wall color over your tape (I know, Jeff thought it was nuts too)
- Let that dry
- Then you paint your stripe color
- Take your tape off while your paint is still a little wet
Well always anxious to try out something new, this is exactly what I did. Here is the result!
A few flub ups on the top line but all in all, the most clean stripes I have ever done!
Not sure why the shelf is looking so yellow….but I LOVE THEM!!
If you are keeping score at home…
- Paint the walls and ceiling – Done! Thanks Hubby..
- Take out base boards – Done!
- Build the base shelf and platform - Shelf done – platform TBD!
- Paint some awesome pattern on the back wall – Done!
- Build the hook panel on the back wall
- Build the top shelf or cubbies
- Determine additional options for hang up coats
- Add cushion to top of bench in amazing fabric
- Fill with new shoes and coats (Ok, wasn’t in the original plan but I added this one!:)
Next up – Hooks and platform for the shelf…fabric is on the way!